About Benjamin Rhodes
Ben Rhodes has been the Deputy National Security Adviser for strategic communications since September 2009. Previously, he served as President Obama's foreign policy speechwriter.
Prior to joining the Obama campaign, Ben worked as Special Assistant to President Lee H. Hamilton at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. He worked closely with President Hamilton through his tenure as Vice-Chair of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the 9/11 Commission), focusing particularly on policy recommendations and process matters. He is the author, with Hamilton and Thomas H. Kean, of Without Precedent: The Inside Story of the 9/11 Commission. Previously, he taught and worked in local politics in New York City. He is from New York.
Posts by Benjamin Rhodes:
- The Politics of Distraction, 12 Jan 2007
- Digging In, 18 Dec 2006
- Some thoughts on the ISG Report, 10 Dec 2006
- What’s At Stake, 31 Oct 2006
- Africa and Our Attention, 07 Oct 2006
- Islamofascist, 14 Sep 2006
- Conspiracy Theories, 22 Aug 2006
- The Rhetoric of World War, 30 Jul 2006
- What ever happened to stateless terrorism?, 19 Jul 2006
- Intervention and U.S. politics, 10 Jul 2006